1. Your name: Hannah
2. Their name: Brandon
3.Your ages: almost 19 and almost 20
4. Your location: Boston, where we go to college together
5. Their location: At the moment he's at home in GA, but I just visited him this weekend, he's coming up for my birthday next month, and then a few weeks at that we'll be back at school again yaaaay
6. How long have you been together? Nine months
7. What is the status of your relationship? Dating seriously
8. Where did you find out about this community? Actually, I searched for "love" in usernames because I couldn't remember my friend's LJ address...haha roundabout but I thought this was adorable and here I am!
And now onto the more detailed questions.....
9.How did you meet? We met at Tanglewood, a summer music program that's affiliated with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. We both play the cello, and sat next to each other in the orchestra! He had a serious girlfriend back home at the time (he's from Georgia, I'm from New England/NJ) so obviously nothing happened between us that summer, but we definitely had something deeper than a friendship. Then, we met again as freshmen at Boston University in the fall of '05, and found out we were in a lot of the same classes and lived on the same floor. Haha.
10. Where do you see yourselves as a couple in five years? What are your plans for the future? Well, we're graduating from college in three years, so I see us definitely living together and probably still in the Boston area (we love that little city)...he's talked about proprosing after we graduate, but of course we are still very young and I'm not trying to make unrealistic plans for the future or anything...I definitely see us being happily together for a very, very long time.
11. When did you know you loved them? We both went home to see our families for Spring Break, and he left school a day before I did, so I took him to the airport. Watching him walk away from me to get on the plane I just kind of lost it, tears were streaming down my face right there in the airport, and that's when I realized I love him with every little piece of my heart & I never want to be without him.
12.What is the sweetest thing they have ever said to you? I remember one lazy sunday morning we were laying in bed listening to music because I wasn't feeling too well, and his arms were wrapped around me. I looked up at him and he smiled; I asked him why he was smiling and he said, "Because I'm holding my Hannah."
13. What is the most romantic thing they have ever done for you? My Christmas present! He picked me up from the airport, and when he opened the car door for me there was a huge bag from Home Depot sitting on the seat bought me a gorgeous Tiffany's necklace, but hid the little blue box inside the bag. I cried when I found it. He had also brought me tulips (my favorite flower) and put a Snapple peach iced tea (my favorite drink) in the passenger's cupholder.
14. What was the most fun/exciting/memorable thing you've ever done together? We went to Amsterdam together for a week in January (I have lots of family and friends in Europe) and it was pretty much the most amazing time of my life, from dancing in the streets to seeing amazing art museums and concerts to night-time boat rides on the canals and seeing the lights of the city.
15. What would you change about your relationship? A little less jealousy on both of our parts.
16. What's your favorite thing about them? Least favorite? My favorites include his intelligence, how he makes me laugh, the way he understands me, the expression on his face when he's surprised/happy. Least favorite would probably be how stubborn he is (because I am too!)
17. How do your parents feel about your relationship? My mom absolutely adores Brandon, my dad also really likes him (at first he had some reservations about me being in a serious relationship my first year of college, he wanted me to focus on music & academics, etc.) His parents also really like me, and despite differences (his family is Southern and more conservative, mine is from New England and more liberal) everybody has been very happy and supportive of it.
18. If money were no object, what would you buy your SO? Why? Well, he just got a new car, so maybe an amazing, million-dollar cello or a trip to anywhere in the world he wanted (for both of us, it's win-win! haha)
19. Question of your choice. Tell us something we haven't asked. What do you do to show him that you love him? I leave cute little post-it notes on his pillow when I get up before him, I surprise him with tickets to Red Sox games & concerts, and I show him lottttttts of affection haha.
20. And so we can get an idea about you and your views of relationships, how do you feel about....
- long distance relationships: well, this summer has been so hard, I don't know how people do it for longer! But hey, if you can make it work, that's amazing and it probably will strengthen your love if it's done right.
- same sex relationships: fine by me! live and let live...
- interracial relationships: are awesome. and produce beautiful children!
- meeting online: well, it's always seemed a little shady to me, but hey, other people can find love however they think is best! and i'm sure it's led to some great relationships so who am i to judge?
21. And last of all, sticking with the theme of this community, when do you love them the most? The first time I see him after a while apart is always an amazing moment. Oh and also waking up in the morning with his arms around me, rolling over, and seeing his adorable sleepy smile. Ok, basically whenever I'm breathing.
my hair looks really dark here....weird
he got cut out of this one but i'm wearing his hat and that's his arm around me haha
♥ I love him. ♥